- Hong Kong’s very first and;
- the largest Non-profit Private Haemodialysis Center
The Lions Kidney Education Center and Research Foundation is a registered charity founded by the District in 1991. The Center, funded by donations from Lions and grants from Lions Clubs International Foundation, was the first and the largest non-profit haemodialysis center operated in the private medical sector.
Services to underprivileged patients:
- provides health education
- researches into the prevention of kidney diseases
- provides low-cost haemodialysis service for kidney patients in financial difficulties.
l Expansion of services:
Since its establishment, LKEC’s services have expanded from one dialysis center supported by 4 dialysis machines to two centers supported by 32 machines. So far, a total of 90,000 times of dialysis treatment had been provided.